I’m a firm believer in me time, although I complain I don’t get enough of it. Despite knowing the importance of quality time for myself, I’ve never actually scheduled it in my diary. I have a feeling this is about to change 🙂
To carry on performing at peak levels, it’s essential that we take regular time out for ourselves to rest, relax and recharge our minds, bodies, and spirits.
The definition of me time is simply a period of time spent during which you relax doing something you enjoy. You just need to find out what works for you ~ Dr. Shannon Reece
Here is a quick compilation of ideas you can use when scheduling your next “me time” in your diary:
2. go for a pedicure
3. join a craft / painting class
4. take the dog for a walk
5. go shopping for sexy lingerie
6. try your hand at creative writing
7. volunteer walking dogs at a local Animal Welfare
8. volunteer having tea with the elderly, contact Algoa Bay Council for the Aged in PE
9. dance in the lounge, by yourself like no one is watching, as the saying goes
10. do some gardening
11. go watch a movie – an actual movie at the cinema, and eat the popcorn!
12. meditate, try to clear your mind for 20minutes – I know, easier than it sounds…
13. join a yoga or Pilates class
14. build a sand castle
15. go Geocaching
16. read a book
17. paint an old piece of furniture – look for paint technique classes with Annie Sloan® Chalk Paint
18. bake a cake, try new icing techniques, use YouTube if you can’t afford a class
19. build a puzzle – one of those big 1000 piece beauties 😉
20. do nothing – yes, this is totally ok 😉
I also love reading other mom’s blogs when I have some spare time. Have a look at Scary Mommy for this hilarious take on what me time means to her.
What do you like to do when you have time for yourself?